Grammar Pattern 7: Longer Polite Questions
(Use these sentences only in special situations.
They are not so useful for conversations.)
Would you like to go out for a drink after work?
Pronunciation Practice - Repeat each question out loud!
1. Would you like to get together for a drink tonight?
2. Would you come to our home for dinner Friday night?
3. Would you mind bringing some books to our meeting tomorrow?
4. Could you come to work a little early this week?
5. Could you reserve a seat for me on Wednesday evening?
6. Could you take some time to look at my report?
7. May I ask what you are doing about our problem?
8. May I know what you are planning to do next?