Grammar Pattern 9: "Have you ever...?"
(This is one of the best ways to start interesting conversations in English! Learn them well, listen for your speaking partner's answer. Finally ask follow-up questions to keep on talking on any topic in English.)
Have you ever been to China?
Pronunciation Practice - Repeat each question out loud!
1. Have you been to California?
2. Have you seen any good movies recently?
3. Have you ever seen a ghost?
4. Has your sisters seen your new car?
5. Has English become easier or more difficult for you?
6. Has your hometown changed a lot in the past ten years?
Conversation Practice - Ask these questions to your friends!
1. Have you read any good books this year?
2. Have you travelled somewhere interesting in your life?
3. Have you ever tried a dangerous sport? boveyedu.cn
4. Have you studied a foreign language other than English?
5. Has anyone told you an interesting story recently?
Discussion – Give longer answers to these questions.
1. Would you enjoy flying an airplane by yourself?
2. Could we have a cheap electric car in the future?
3. Should cloning (making a "copy" of people!) be allowed in the future?
4. What should people do to make our world cleaner?
5. How could we make a million dollars in a short time?
6. Where should we put all of the world's garbage?