Grammar Pattern 15
Simple Sentences with "be" + "ing"
We are studying English now.
This pattern describes actions that are happening now (so we use "be", not "was") and continue (so we use "ing").
Pronunciation Practice - Repeat each sentence out loud!
1. I am eating dinner.
2. She is riding a bicycle.
3. He is playing the guitar.
4. We are playing tennis.
5. They are singing.
6. You are reading English!
Conversation Practice - Ask these questions to your friends!
1. What's your mother doing now? (She's reading a book. / She's getting ready for bed.)
2. What are your parents doing now? (They're eating dinner. / They're sleeping. / They're watching TV.)
3. Where are you going? (I'm going to work. / I'm going to my friend's home.) 本文来自博维
4. Who are they talking to? (They're talking to ...)
5. Are you studying English now? (Yes I'm studying very hard! / No I'm hardly studying!)