Grammar Pattern 31
Noun + Verb + Long Noun + Place
I saw a very interesting show in the theater.
Look at the Model Sentence to understand this very common grammar pattern. The first noun ("I" - the subject) and the verb ("saw") are very simple. Then we have a long noun ("a very interesting show") followed by the place ("in a theater"). Say the Pronunciation Practice sentences until you can say them perfectly.
Pronunciation Practice - Repeat each sentence out loud!
1. We have two bottles of milk in the fridge.
2. He ate six big juicy hamburgers in the park.
3. There is half a loaf of bread on the table.
4. We can buy five pounds of meat from the supermarket.
5. The woman was driving a beautiful sports car up the mountain.
Conversation Practice - Ask these questions to your friends!
1. What do you have to drink in your refrigerator (fridge)? BoveyEdu
2. Have you seen some really interesting movies in a theater?
3. What kinds of vegetables can you buy in your local supermarket?
4. What special foods do you cook at home?
5. What special foods do you eat in a restaurant?