English Grammar Pattern 44
Question + Preposition + Noun
"What's the reason for doing it this way?
This grammar pattern begins with a full question, not just a question word. In the Model Sentence, "What's the reason" is a question. Then "doing it this way" is a noun. Between the question and the noun, we have a preposition "for" to link the two. This is not a very easy pattern, but it's quite useful!
Pronunciation Practice - Repeat each sentence out loud!
1. What's the problem with the car? (The problem with the car is...)
2. What's the matter with this tea?
3. What's the solution to this problem?
4. Who's the author of this book?
5. Where's the manager of this store?
Conversation Practice - Ask these questions to your friends!
1. Who is the leader in your company? 本文来自博维
2. What's the name of your hometown?
3. Where's the capital city of your country?
4. How is the food in your favorite restaurant?
5. When is the biggest festival in your country or city?