English Grammar Pattern 55
Noun + Verb + Adverb + Time or Place
My dog plays enthusiastically in the morning.
There are four parts to Sentence Pattern 55 so it can be long. However, the first three parts (Noun + Verb + Adverb) simply make an ordinary sentence. We can then add more information by adding a time, such as "in the morning" in the Model Sentence above.
Pronunciation Practice - Repeat each sentence out loud!
1. We speak often on the weekend.
2. Our sister studies diligently all the time.
3. A red car drove wildly down the road.
4. Two happy dogs ran eagerly to the young girl
5. My brother and I are working intensely this month.
Conversation Practice - Ask these questions to your friends!
1. Did you study hard yesterday?
2. Did your parents sleep well last night? 本文来自博维
3. Did you eat any vegetables at dinner?
4. Will you read these sentences carefully today?
5. Have you ever woken suddenly from a dream?