English Grammar Pattern 64
Do you know + if (or whether) + Noun + Verb + Long Noun
Do you know if we can connect to the Internet from here?
This is quite a long sentence pattern. The final clause is, in fact, just a long sentence. See English Grammar Pattern 19 for examples. So, if you can simply say "Do you know if..." (or "Do you know whether...") and then add a sentence, you will do well. With practice, long sentences such as these become easy, so keep on practicing!
Pronunciation Practice - Repeat each sentence out loud!
1. Do you know if we can connect to the Internet from here?
2. Do you know whether Maggie works here or not?
3. Do you know if we can find a good place to park our car?
4. Do you know whether it will be warm tomorrow?
5. Does your father know if we can visit his company next week?
Conversation Practice - Ask these questions to your friends! 本文来自博维
1. Do you know if the sun is bigger than the moon?
2. Do you know whether we can live on the moon?
3. Do you know if you will live in this city five years from now?
4. Do you know whether you will live to be 100?
5. Do you know if it will rain tomorrow?