English Grammar Pattern 90
(1) Although + (2) Sentence A + (3) Sentence B
(1) Although (2) I don't understand English perfectly, (3) I can still have many conversations!
Grammar Pattern 90 can be used to connect two very different ideas. Both "though" and "although" are the same as "but", except they are a bit more formal and can be used at the beginning of a sentence. ("But" should only be used in the middle of a sentence.) "Even though" is simply a stronger version of "though" and "although". In every case, the meaning is still the same as "but", only the positioning within the sentence is different.
Pronunciation Practice - Repeat each sentence out loud!
1. We continued to walk in the park even though it was raining.
2. I'll continue to study languages although I don't need to.
3. Though I have already reached a high level, I will continue to work hard. copyright BoveyEdu.Cn
4. Although I am not rich, I am happy with my life.
5. Even though I have had trouble, I have never given up.
Conversation Practice - Ask these questions to your friends!
1. Even though a man is poor, can he still enjoy life?
2. Although someone is busy, can she still find time for fun?
3. Will you always be so energetic, though you are getting older?
4. Can you move up in your job even though there is a lot of competition?
5. Should we try to succeed even though we may fail completely?